The Noise-Masking In-Ear Sleepbuds from Boseare meticulously engineered to help you get a decent night of sleep. Bose has incorporated noise-masking technology that is designed to match unwanted noise with soothing sounds. By matching the frequencies of the typical noises that keep you awake, such as a snoring partner, the unwanted audio is drowned out. This leaves you with only the relaxing audio to help lull you to a deep and restful sleep.
The Bose Sleepbuds are operated by the Bose Sleep app for iOS and Android devices. You use the app to select your sound and set your preferred volume level. Bose provides 10 sounds to choose from, and they are all pre-installed into the Sleepbuds themselves. Some sounds are optimized for noise masking, while others are geared towards relaxation. Without having to stream any audio, battery life is drastically increased, with the Sleepbuds lasting up to 16 hours on a full charge.
No matter how long you need to sleep for, the Sleepbuds have been constructed to be comfortable for all-night use. You get three different sizes of StayHear+ Sleep tips, and the Sleepbuds have a pliable fin that conforms to the upper ridge of your ear. This design is meant to keep the Sleepbuds in place regardless of your favorite sleep position, or how much you move throughout the night.
- Up to 20 Soothing Sounds
- Your Bose noise-masking Sleepbuds come with 10 sounds pre-loaded, and an additional 10 are available via the Sleep app’s Sound Library. Transferring sounds from the app to the Sleepbuds is done wirelessly via Bluetooth Low Energy technology. You can delete existing sounds and add new ones to customize your Sleepbuds. Here are the 10 pre-loaded sounds, followed by the 10 additional sounds from the app:
- Rustle: Wind kicking up leaves
- Cascade: A cascading waterfall
- Shower: Gentle rain falling on leaves
- Circulate: A fan with an electrical undertone, like an air conditioner
- Altitude: Airplane cabin ambient noise
- Swell: Rolling and crashing waves
- Campfire: Crackling fire and softly chirping crickets
- Warm static: Broadband noise with high frequency content removed (also known as “brown” noise)
- Downstream: A gentle stream
- Tranquility: A drone-like melody that some might also refer to as a spa-like sound
- Boardwalk: Waves crash in the distance as water burbles under a pier
- Country Road: Steady sound of night-time cicadas and distant highway rumble
- Hideaway: The sound of a faraway storm as it passes by
- Marina: A hammock in the hull of an old boat, gently sloshing waves and seagulls
- Rainforest: A tranquil mid-day scene of birds in the rainforest
- Shore Line: Gentle, rolling waves crest along a vast shoreline
- Songbirds: Birds color the quiet ambiance of a backyard garden
- Squall: Distant rain and thunder on a summer’s night
- Window Seat: Steady rain patters and thrums overhead
- Windswept: A gentle breeze mingles with the sound of long windchimes
- Bose Sleep App
- The Bose Sleep app is how you operate your noise-masking Sleepbuds. You can use it to select a soothing sound, adjust the volume level, and how long it will play for. You get 10 sounds to choose from, with some designed for noise matching, and others for relaxation. The app also provides you with wake-up alarms that only you can hear, so you won’t disturb the person sleeping next to you.
- Charging Case
- The included combination storage/charging case is custom designed to protect and recharge your Bose Sleepbuds. Once you open the magnetic lid and remove your Sleepbuds from the case, they conveniently turn on automatically. A built-in battery inside the case can hold an extra full 16-hour charge, which is a handy feature when using your Sleepbuds while travelling.
- Additional Features & Requirements
- Your iOS or Android device must support Bluetooth Low Energy
Sweat- and water-resistant design
Single Sleepbud operation – share a Sleepbud with your partner, or just use one to help you fall asleep
Rechargeable silver-zinc batteries – the battery inside each Sleepbud was specially selected for its unique chemistry, which self-limits power output for increased safety
Disconnection-proof alarm – if your Sleepbuds were to disconnect from your phone for any reason, the first wake-up alarm will still play at your scheduled time